Part of our work is to seek and encourage faithful policy regarding Israel/Palestine within the PC(USA). Below is the latest content that concerns how our Israel/Palestine work is expressed particularly within the PC(USA). You can also find many resources on the PC(USA) website.
Recent Posts about Israel / Palestine
- Preaching after Nakba Day (5/15/2018) - Today marks the 70th anniversary of the Nakba, the Catastrophe, when Israel occupied Palestine in 1948 displacing at least 750,000 Palestinians from their homes. Yesterday also marks the move of the US Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem and the deadliest day in Gaza since the War on Gaza in 2014. Monday we awoke to … Read More
- Where Is Resurrection This Week? (5/1/2018) - In this fifth week of Easter, I am reminded that resurrection–and hope–does not always come easy. From the lectionary texts for this Sunday to the current events of the last week, there are signs of resurrection and hope yet we must look into the despair and death in the world to find them sprouting up. … Read More
- The Sheer Horror of What I’ve Witnessed (9/4/2017) - Zaheer Mohiuddin was part of the Interfaith Network for Justice in Palestine delegation in July-August 2017. This delegation was co-sponsored by PPF, American Muslims for Palestine, Jewish Voice for Peace, and Interfaith Peace Builders. Zaheer continues to reflect on his time in Palestine, and he writes here about several of the people he met who … Read More
- Interfaith Delegation Highlights Real Challenges of Peacemaking (7/27/2017) - The landmark interfaith delegation to Israel/Palestine which the Presbyterian Peace Fellowship helped coordinate and sponsor with Jewish Voice for Peace and American Muslims for Palestine has run into some challenges. Five members of the delegation were denied entry to Israel, not even permitted to board or check in their luggage for their Lufthansa flight from … Read More
- Museum of the Palestinian People (4/3/2017) - Bshara Nassar, Founding Director of the Museum of The Palestinian People, a 501 C (3) non-profit organization, recently announced the formation of the Museum and the launch of its website. The Museum will gather, preserve and share the richness of Palestinian historic and contemporary art, history, culture and stories. The Museum will be a welcoming … Read More