Friday October 11, 2019 - Monday October 14, 2019
Interested in Accompaniment? Join Learn & Discern Fall 2019!
Accompaniment begins with a long weekend of training and discernment in the U.S — PPF Learn & Discern take place twice a year, and it’s never too early to sign up!
The next Learn & Discern weekend will take place October 11-14 2019, in Montreat, NC. Click here to fill out the interest form; our Accompaniment Coordinator will follow up with you after you indicate interest.
About Learn & Discern events:
At this three-day gathering, people who are interested in accompaniment gather to train in non-violence and anti-racism, engage with accompaniment principles, learn about the contexts in which we have been invited to practice accompaniment, and spend time in discernment and reflection. You organize your own travel to the Learn & Discern event; all costs are covered while you’re there (lodging and food). Anyone who is interested in accompaniment is welcome to learn and discern in community with PPF!
Requirements for Accompaniment Service with PPF:
- Mature faith and a strong commitment to the theory and practice of faith-based, principled nonviolence
- Demonstration of backing from your faith community
- Ability to raise funds from family, friends, and your church community to support yourself as a volunteer
- Ability to speak Spanish or comfort with situations in which you don’t understand the primary language being spoken
- 21 years of age and a valid U.S. passport
Participants are responsible for their own travel to the training. Once there, your expenses are covered by the PPF Accompaniment Program (but donations to offset the cost are very much needed and appreciated).
Questions? Contact Accompaniment Coordinator Alison Wood, email@example.com