PPF is called to be movers and shakers within the PC(USA) and beyond, encouraging one another to take seriously God’s call to God’s people to participate in God’s nonviolent work of love, peace, and justice in the world. Advocacy at General Assembly is an important part of how we answer this call.
As we approach the 224th General Assembly in June 2020, this page will be regularly updated with information about PPF’s support and advocacy.
SAVE THE DATE for these events with PPF at GA. Details forthcoming.
Apply to be a GA Intern | Overtures that we support
Volunteer with PPF at GA
Apply to be a GA Intern with PPF
The Presbyterian Peace Fellowship seeks to send several young adults* to the 224th General Assembly in Baltimore, MD in June 2020 to help promote peace in the PC(USA) through advocacy and witness. This is an excellent opportunity to learn about peacemaking and organizing in, for, and with our church.
To apply, please fill out this form. Deadline to apply: December 31, 2019.
- The required internship dates are June 19 – 27, 2020
- Intern responsibilities might include, and are not limited to: PPF’s Peace Breakfast; Progressive Partners Briefing; staffing the exhibit hall booth (providing information, hosting booth talks, etc); attending committee and plenary sessions; testifying during open hearings; organizing and leading non-violent demonstrations; writing and social media contributions.
- Travel, housing, and many meals will be provided for interns.
- People of color, women, immigrants, and LGBTQIA+ people are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Questions? Contact David Ensign (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Colleen Earp (email@example.com).
*Suggested guideline for “young adult” is a person in their 20s.
Volunteer with PPF at GA:
PPF has a wide array of opportunities for volunteers during General Assembly – from staffing our table to supporting our events.
Please fill out this form to let us know you’re interested — we will follow up with you with information about specific volunteer roles.
Overtures supported by PPF:
as of 10/22/2019:
Deadlines for overtures to be submitted to the Stated Clerk for consideration by the 224th General Assembly in 2020:
- February 21, 2020 – All overtures (concurred with by at least one presbytery) that propose constitutional amendments or that require an interpretation by the Book of Order
- April 21, 2020 – All overtures that have financial implications
- May 6, 2020 – All other overtures
To learn how to get an overture to General Assembly, click here.