Part of our work is to seek and encourage faithful policy regarding Israel/Palestine within the PC(USA). Below is the latest content that concerns how our Israel/Palestine work is expressed particularly within the PC(USA). You can also find many resources on the PC(USA) website.
Recent Posts about Israel / Palestine
- Preaching after Nakba Day (5/15/2018) - Today marks the 70th anniversary of the Nakba, the Catastrophe, when Israel occupied Palestine in 1948 displacing at least 750,000 Palestinians from their homes. Yesterday also marks the move of the US Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem and the deadliest day in Gaza since the War on Gaza in 2014. Monday we awoke to … Read More
- Where Is Resurrection This Week? (5/1/2018) - In this fifth week of Easter, I am reminded that resurrection–and hope–does not always come easy. From the lectionary texts for this Sunday to the current events of the last week, there are signs of resurrection and hope yet we must look into the despair and death in the world to find them sprouting up. … Read More
- Banned for Nonviolent Resistance: Israel’s Un-Democratic Move (1/9/2018) - Over the weekend, Israel announced that they had a new list of 20 organizations whose members are banned from entering the country. The organizations from several different countries who all have one thing in common: they support the use of boycott, divestment, and sanctions (BDS) as a nonviolent way to resist the occupation and hold Israel … Read More
- Statement on Moving US Embassy to Jerusalem (12/7/2017) - We are heartbroken and angry at Trump’s announcement Wednesday that he plans to move the US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, declaring Jerusalem as Israel’s capital. There are no embassies in Jerusalem, because the world knows that Jerusalem is a key piece of any kind of lasting peace deal and to declare Jerusalem as … Read More
- Legislation Targeting Support for Palestinian Human Rights is a Threat to Free Speech (11/8/2017) - A message from faith communities in the United States (This ad ran in the Kansas City Star on November 7, 2017): We, the undersigned, are members of faith communities in the United States whose congregations or denominations have adopted resolutions to boycott products made in Israeli settlements—built on occupied Palestinian lands in violation of international … Read More